Praxair, headquartered in Danbury in the United States, is the largest industrial gases company in North and South America, and the third-largest in the world in terms of revenue. The company holds a tremendous history of 108 years. Praxair gained the global attention as the first company in North America to commercialize cryogenically separated oxygen. The company designs, engineers, manufactures and operates facilities that produce and distribute superior quality industrial gases.
Praxair employs over 10575 employees in more than 40 countries. The company was facing three different business challenges, but had wanted to find one unique solution for all three challenges to ensure effective enterprise collaboration.
Controlling Issues during Billings: Praxair delivers highly delicate and inflammable gases and their mixtures such as helium, hydrogen, xenon, krypton etc. to client’s places. Praxair had to overcome the high possibilities of gas shrinkages during the delivery time as that was causing the mismatch in the level of gas quantity between the start and the receiving time. And, that was affecting the billing.
Reduce Billing Cycle: Praxair was facing the issue in getting the invoice paid on time as that was taking a nearly month time for getting the credit confirmation on the goods delivered.
Track and Control: In case of vehicles were falling into trouble or adversity, the driver wasn’t able to communicate the scenario with the agent and the agent was also not able to track the driver/vehicle.
After a comprehensive discussion with Praxair, the team FuGenX proposed the idea of connecting their truck drivers’ handheld devices with the back end server by multiple mobile technologies. Since security is vital during all phases of communication between the truck drivers and the back end team, all the devices with IMEI are registered with the service to prevent unauthorized devices from communicating with the back end server.
Truckers carry mobile devices which enable them to perform the following:
- Know the customer (s) en-route or also called Trip activity
- Record In/Out timestamps on Arrival/Departure
- Capture readings when offloading
- Read the Bar Codes
- Take snapshots of the Challan (token)
- Send the data to the back end
- By implementing this app, Praxair reduced the invoice billing cycle up to 7,200%.
- To capture trip activities on the move and know the updates throughout the trip.
- Acknowledgement on end to end service.
- First time Admin will install the application and complete the registration process
- Application will automatically block all the third party applications on the Android mobile.
- Driver will take the pictures, which will be saved in mobile phone folder which is generated with the date and driver identity
- After clicking the send button, the application will encrypt the folder and check for the internet connectivity
- Whenever the application finds the internet connectivity, it will send the encrypted folder to the server through a secured protocol
- Server side services decrypt the folder and save the file in the specified folder
- Mobile application deletes the files from the mobile after successfully delivered to the server
Technologies Used:(Android and iOS)
Objective-C, Xcode, Android Studio, Java, SQLite, Balsamiq, and Photoshop
FuGenX is a premiere Deloitte award winning mobility company, pioneering high-quality products and ideas in the mobile space. FuGenX empowers organizations to successfully win the business competition with multi-edge mobile apps across devices and operating systems. FuGenX offers custom-made mobile apps to help businesses effectively engage with customers and partners. Also, to enhance employee productivity and achieve agility in the work process by building connected enterprise with result-oriented enterprise applications.
FuGenX also helps startups and enterprises to introduce innovative venture to the market with customizable and inventive mobility solutions – Fx RMP, Fx Chat and Fx mBasket.