It’s a well-known fact that Desktop and laptop computers were influencing eCommerce, as it was a primary mode of business for many organizations. However the emerging smart phones have started to influence the eCommerce transactions through fingertips. Goodbye to high-bandwidth usage for the eCommerce transactions that were through desktop and laptops.
It’s time to step into the era of mCommerce or mobile commerce technology. The annual mobile commerce usage is increasing rapidly, it is estimated to reach $38 billion, in a report by International Business times. The increasing proliferation of smartphones are leading mCommerce, since many organizations have started to outsource the development of new apps to capture from the market.
India now has 300 million internet subscribers and is estimated that half the country will be connected through Internet by Google India, it is expected to surpass the number in US. An increasingly larger user base are expected to depend upon smartphones to access the internet. It is wise for an organization striving to expand their customer base to target the growing mCommerce platform.
Important Niche among mobile Buyers and goals
Proliferate organizations determine the type of mobile buyers that they would need to target, so that they can best meet their business goals for a long term.
- The first group of buyers would belong to Deal seekers, as they can appeal to their desire with the hidden deals and discounts.
- The next group belongs to Comparison and Window Shoppers, as they grab fun doing research to obtain best deal by comparison.
- Last but not least Social Purchasers, as they would always stay connected through social media that can heavily influence the purchase decisions.
What is a future of mCommerce?
mCommerce sales are expected to surpass eCommerce, as mCommerce sales have reached nearly $50 billion in 2014. Indicating a booming mCommerce platforms and is expected to surpass e-commerce by 2015.
More than 500 million customers had purchased from mobile devices in year 2014. By the end of 2018, half of all eCommerce will be through mCommerce, said by an International Retailer’s commentary of Goldman Sachs.
Essential features required for your mCommerce platform
- Responsive design to make your platform look good irrespective of device shoppers’ use for purchases.
- Quick loading time, as you know some shoppers are highly impatient.
- Highly attractive and intense user experience to make shoppers as your customers.
- Simple and easy User Interface with vibrant display to give users a rich and pleasing experience.
- Implementing One-click checkout to initiate customers for instant purchases.
Irrespective of fact you are interested in building an app to get hold of an emerging market of mobile phone users in your country, or with a plan to reach an international market arena. FuGenX app development team of experts can aid you for all types of mCommerce necessities. To get more details on stepping in mCommerce, contact FuGenX – Leading Mobile App Development Company.