How Much Does It Cost To Develop A Grocery App Like Blinkit?
A Complete Guide to Develop an Instant Delivery App Like Blinkit
Going to supermarkets and picking groceries, home essentials, personal & baby care products on a trolley, and standing in a long queue for billing is a time-consuming process. This traditional in-store shopping eats up excess time and leaves a poor experience for the store customers.
But, online food delivery and grocery delivery apps are the best digital solutions that remove all complexities hidden behind traditional in-store shopping. They allow users to open the application, search & pick the products they need with ease, do simple checkouts and invoices, and pay for their purchases online securely.
Today, we would like to talk about one such trending online grocery delivery app Blinkit. Blinkit mobile app is giving intensified opportunities for online retailers in India. Depending on the location, the blanket app promises instant grocery delivery within 10-30 minutes.
Let’s take a brief on Blinkit online grocery delivery app in India.
All About Blinkit Grocery Delivery App
Blinkit, formerly known as Grofers, has been serving in the online delivery industry since 2013. Starting from fruits & vegetables, snacks, and groceries to instant food items, pet care, baby care, personal care, and Pharma products, users can order their needs and get door deliveries within 10 minutes.
Further, pooja needs, chilled beverages, and stationery products are also available on Blinkit from top domestic and international brands.
Moreover, printout delivery service at doorsteps in minutes to the people in Gurugram, Delhi, and Bengaluru is a recently added functionality that has turned into a truly beneficial feature of Blinkit.
Blinkit helps users to order groceries and a wide variety of home essentials online from their favorite nearby supermarkets and get products from stationeries at their doorsteps without stepping out.
Why Blinkit Has Touched The 1 Cr App Downloads Benchmark?
Blinkit is a buzz in the Indian online grocery delivery business and let’s see why:
- Safe and Quick Delivery
Blinkit’s 10-minute instant grocery delivery business model is the core reason behind 1Cr downloads.
- Easy-to-Access UI
The simple and user-friendly interface of Blinkit is also a big reason behind its success as it allows users to easily navigate through the app and make their search simpler.
- User-friendly Features
The set of features of the Blinkit grocery delivery app is also contributing to higher downloads and a continuous rise in new app users. Here are the features of Blinkit:
User Panel Features
- Simple registration
- Quick login process/social media login option
- User Account
- Multi-language support
- Custom search facility with filters
- Products by category
- My Cart and check out
- Online payments
- COD feature
- Live Order tracking
- In-app virtual customer support
- Wish List
- Orders history
- Offers and discounts
- Push notifications
- Review and Ratings
Supermarkets/Retailers Panel Features
- Simple login
- Retailer Account
- Offers and discounts upload facility
- Push notifications
- Inventory Management
- Ratings and reviews visibility
- Secure payment gateways
Admin Panel Features
- User Profile management
- Vendor management
- Inventory Management
- Deals and Discounts Management
- Online Payments Management
- Dashboard & Reports and Analytics view
- Feedback & Support
These are a few must-have and basic features of online shopping apps like Blinkit.
- All-in-one e-commerce Platform
Users can buy a range of products across wide categories from thousands of brands all from the convenience of their homes.
- Instant Access To Nearby Supermarkets And Pharmacies
Blinkit app will track the user’s locations and recommends shopping nearby supermarkets and local pharmacies to ensure 10-minute deliveries in an emergency.
- Budget-friendly Products
One of the core reasons behind the success of Blinkit in the Indian online grocery delivery industry is the competitive prices of products. Yes. Blinkit’s products are all budget-friendly. It offers attractive offers on every product.
- Multi Payment Options
The best online grocery delivery app in India like Blinkit is offering customers a flexible multi-payment facility. Users of Blinkit can pay through cards, UPI payment, e-wallets, and net banking. To optimize the app’s reliability, the buy now and pay later service and the cash-on-delivery feature are also integrated into Blinkit Android/iOS app.
Though, Blinkit is evolving with a simple concept like other online delivery businesses, its emergence in India is attracting local supermarket brands, logistics, food delivery companies, and online payment partners like PhonPe.
Which Technology Stack Made Blinkit App Powerful?
The development of a famous online delivery app like Blinkit needs a powerful and robust technology stack to provide improved user experiences. Here is the right technology stack that might be suitable for your Blinkit clone app development.
- Android App Development Programming Language: Java and Kotlin
- For iOS App Development: Objective C and Swift
- Database: MySQL and MongoDB
- Online Payments: PayPal
- Storage: Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure
- Live Location Tracking: GPS Navigators and IoT
- Map Integrations: Google Maps and Apple Maps
- Push notifications: Twilio
- In-app chat assistance: Artificial Intelligence, Text-Recognition, and Machine Learning
How Do Businesses Benefit From Blinkit-like Instant Grocery Delivery App Development?
Here are a few advantages of Blinkit clone app development.
- Stay On top Of The Online Delivery Market Trends
As users are switching to online shopping and delivery apps, Blinkit-like trending instant delivery app development would be a profitable decision. Driven by convenient ordering and speedy delivery features, the demand for instant delivery services would be expected to create million dollar business in the years ahead.
- Incredible Customer Reach
Online shopping apps are the best assets for service providers to increase their brand recognition across targeted locations. Online grocery delivery apps like Blinkit development will help retailers and vendors to extend their brand value to new markets and strengthen their position in existing locations.
- Augmented Customer Loyalty
Top grocery delivery app like Blinkit has become the first choice of Indians to get fresh and quality groceries and household essentials in just 10 minutes.
It’s convenient, fast, secure, and hygienic delivery services are the major pillars of its success in India. The development of Blinkit-like the best online shopping app in India will help businesses increase user retention and generate continuous sales.
- Optimized Business Value
Top instant grocery delivery apps like Blinkit will help organizations improve their brand value and increase operational efficiencies over traditional approaches.
Step-By-Step Process To Develop An Instant Delivery App Like Blinkit
Developing an instant online delivery app like Blinkit needs to follow a proven software development approach. Let’s move on to a few significant phases involved in Blinkit-like the most-used grocery delivery app.
- Step 1: Identify the market scope for your new online grocery software
- Step 2: Conduct research on your target audience and competitor’s apps performance
- Step 3: Create the most-unique and best-in-class application concept
- Step 4: Choose the top on-demand grocery delivery app development company in India or USA for the design and development of flawless apps
- Step 5: Select the right set of tools, technologies, and UI frameworks
- Step 6: List the features and functionalities
- Step 7: Kickstart the design phase and prototyping
- Step 8: Start developing app elements and test the code thoroughly for bugs
- Step 9: Launch MVP and monitor the performance
- Step 10: Launch a full-fledged online delivery app with all required features and functionalities
- Step 11: Monitor the performance and update the versions as per the latest guidelines of the app stores
- Step 12: View reports and analytics and analyze the conversion rates
How Much Does It Cost To Build An App Like Blinkit?
The cost of Blinkit-like online grocery delivery app development with basic features listed on a single platform might fall between $25,000 to $35,000.
However, based on application features, app type, development platform, and hourly rate of mobile app developers, the estimated cost of an instant grocery or food delivery app might reach $50,000 and beyond.
How Can You Boost Your Online Delivery Business?
- Develop An App That Beats The Stiff Digital Competition
The availability of a flood of online delivery apps in the Google Play store and iOS app store is challenging the new projects. On the other hand, 70 out of 100 people are using online delivery apps to meet their daily needs.
Hence, it is the right time to develop a user-friendly grocery delivery app with a set of features that makes users’ online shopping faster and easier. Top mobile app development companies like FuGenX will create delivery apps that help you stay competitive.
- Create Strategies That Ensure Extra Revenues From Delivery Apps
Implementation of the best app monetization strategies is also one of the best ways to generate extra revenues beyond the actual returns on your app development investments. Here are three proven monetization models that draw cash flows from delivery apps.
- Run commission-based business on orders
- Take commissions from brands to feature their products on the app’s wall
- In-app advertisements are also an effective way to earn revenues from delivery apps.
Be it a multi-vendor model or single-vendor model, Blinkit-like trending grocery app development or q-commerce app development will take your traditional business operations to new heights. If you are looking to hire top mobile app development companies in Bangalore or mobile app developers in India, FuGenX will be the best software development partner for you.