Yii stands for ‘Yes It Is’ is one of the most demanded frameworks currently. It is a PHP based, Object-oriented MVC framework that supports the rapid development process in web development. YII applications are seen in developing web portal apps, and it also helps in developing secure websites.
In the year 2008, YII was developed by Prado for making a rapid or protected web framework that allows the development of web 2.0 services. Soon after its discovery, it had some issues, but on 3rd December 2008, it is proven to deliver impressive web performance, debug catching, security attention, and impressive web features.
What is PHP Framework?
PHP is a widely-used programming language that enables to develop massive web applications. There are sufficient PHP frameworks in this modernized world to satisfy the web developers, who are most demanding nowadays. PHP webframeworks can help promote the (RAD) Rapid Application development, which reduces the cost and time, and aids build more stable apps. Laravel, Symfony, Codelgniter, CakePHP, PHPixie, Fuel PHP, and Zend PHP Framework, etc. are some of the best PHP frameworks.
As per the survey of Google trends, Laravel Framework is still the most searched framework for all new PHP projects.
PHP Frameworks Comparison: Yii vs Laravel
- Yii Framework: Yii is one of the free open-source frameworks, which is utilized broadly in web app improvement. Yi accompanies numerous features of Ajax-based gadgets, MVC, Database Factor, MVC, PHP, and DB Migration. JQuery Integration will support causes front-end web developers to adjust this framework quickly.
- Laravel Framework: Laravel is the most exquisite framework for PHP with predominant such as composer support, resource controllers, and easy email. Laravel utilizes basic and very expressive syntax for creating web applications. This framework aims to create complex and accurate code bases.
- Comparing Laravel vs Yii: Yii is a comprehensive and convenient framework, particularly for smaller projects. It is a high-performance framework which can be greatly used for the rapid development of all advanced web applications. On the other side, Laravel is a perfect choice for big products as it has complex and large-sized web apps and equipped with several unique and latest features.
But, both frameworks have their own positives and negatives which are necessary to take into account before building web application.
- Form Validation– Yii framework has a typical client-side validation for class or form of the model.
- Extensions- Both frameworks, Yii and Laravel come with a bunch of powerful extensions which are suitable for any occasion.
- Project setup– Laravel has a modern and advanced project structure compared to Yii framework.
- Security- Coming to security, there are good ready-made tools for Yii Framework for access control, but not for Laravel.
- Migrations- There is a chance to create a contest in Yii Framework and use it to seed the database. But, there is no such availability in Laravel.
- Guidelines- Laravel would be a bit complicated for mid-skilled professionals.
Features of YII in PHP Framework
The various amazing features of YII in PHP include the following
- It has Model View Controller, MVC pattern designs.
- It supports number formatting, design interface localization, date or time-based formatting, and message translation.
- It supports functional services and web-based unit testing based on PHP unit and selenium.
- It is safe to work with the third party based web development codes, and it provides a pear framework and Zend in YII app development process.
- It supports all kind of caching services where media storage modifications are possible.
- Web service request of ESDL specifications becomes complex with the features generation of this framework.
- It can handle various errors and logging as it is a centralized framework. Its filters also categories web apps.
- It will allow various security features like cross-site request forgery, CSRF, cross-site scripting, XSS, SQL injection and cookie tampering.
- For generating codes, it offers high extensible tools.
- Its web development helps in learning the best tutorial and documentation of PHP web.
Reasons for including YII in webs services
- Easy to Install: It offers reliable, easy and fast installation and configuration process in several compatible devices.
- Quick development process: With the help of CRUD operation services, it helps in achieving rapid web development of web apps. It also serves useful in maintaining web app design interface and making the app faster and offers better security for web apps.
- Comfortable security: The web development process can be made secure with the help of YII as it provides login security attempt for providing the secure web platform.
- Modern Technology: It is an Object-oriented programming language based web framework that can understand the latest technology-based web app features.
Features of YII Environment
- Web Modules, Extensions and Components: YII framework development process offers the easiest way to web development and makes the process more effective extension, modules, components and many other features. It helps in minimizing the complexity and delivers a qualitative service for the users
- MVC design patterns to implement the service: The MVC, Model-View-Controller design with its impressive patterns allows the smooth programming process. Business logic can be applied to user interface designing. Developers can change the designing portion to affect the users, and also the front end web development controllers, called apps. The web development process can be controlled, and the relevant controller information can be handled.
- WSDL features: With the help of WSDL features, the various third party interactions are made smooth, quick and rapid. WSDL stands for web service definition language, and it initiates information messages its functions for request and responses and like functions
- Automatic Code Generation: GII, a corporation process of web-based development tool can be used in the updated version of PHP YII. GII forms an integral part of YII for integrating the modules of web platform by utilizing the web development code.
- Advanced Security Features: Security is one of the most important features for any PHP frameworks. It enables password services, hash key based, and offers the best security solutions. The various SQL injections, XSS, cookie tampering and CSRF can be blocked.
- Data Migration: Marketers or app developers can change the web page structure where this database changes the development process. With the help of YII framework integration, data migration process allows the data migration being controlled by data migration source code features. It also has an upgraded version of YII installation.
The above mentioned are some of the advantages and key features of YII web development framework that allow the YII framework service. It is truly an effective web app development platform. So, try working on this trending technology with a YII Development company.
FuGenX’s AI experts with forward-thinking abilities deliver next-level web application with Yii Framework. Please connect us today!
Thank you for reading the blog!
Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me..