Why Magento 2 Has More Demand For eCommerce Platform Development?
E-commerce development is a trend in the global markets. The craze of using online eCommerce platforms for all home or office essentials is high across the world. But, if you would like to make your online sales business profitable and reach a more audience, you must use Magento 2 open-source e-commerce software.
What Is Magento 2?
Magento 2 is an open-source e-commerce platform that is developed using PHP-like the latest scripting language. Compared to the Magento 1, Magento 2 is highly compatible with the latest version of web development technologies like PHP7 and ensures 50% faster load times.
This advanced version of Magento will give access to trending features and functionalities of the most-used Content Management System (CMS) and assist businesses in making their online business more powerful and aggressive.
Here are a few significant features of the Magento 2 E-commerce platform that make it a top choice for businesses in creating successful online stores.
Top 15 Features Of Magento 2 E-commerce Platform
Magento 2 is the global largest e-commerce platform and is the first choice for leading brands and enterprises to create a profitable online business and target more audiences. Here we discussed key features of Magento Commerce that make it stand out from the crowd.
- Category permissions feature will help companies in giving or limiting permissions to the merchants as per their customers.
- Advanced catalog search is another best feature of Magento 2. It allows e-commerce businesses to use the power of highly accessible distributed search engines and robust searching results for users.
- Content Staging feature will give entire and full-ledged permission to create, upload, modify and preview the content.
- An easy-to-use visual dashboard helps companies to view the content which is scheduled to publish
- Page Hierarchy is another best feature available with Magento 2 e-commerce edition. It allows businesses to well organize all product or content pages in a hierarchy model. Ecommerce vendors can also benefit from this feature for enabling international navigations to pages in a drop-down view.
- The functionality of categorizing customers is one of the great ideas of Magento. This eCommerce platform will allow companies to display the most personalized content by verifying certain properties such as customer purchasing history, the products stored in their shopping cart, etc.
- SMS/Email Reminders are next-level of improving interaction with specific customers and creating a strong sales pipeline. Based on the content stored in the customer’s wishlist and cart, this feature will enable businesses to send automated emails to open the application and continue their online shopping. This innovative feature of Magento 2 is attracting many merchants to switch from Magento 1.
- Magento 2 like the most used CMS software’s Virtual Gift Cards feature will allow businesses to offer attractive price drops on products to customers and to increase conversions.
- Dynamic blocks are another noticeable feature of Magento 2. It allows online retailers to create user-engaging content and display information from a widget. This feature is best suitable for displaying content related to product categories or operational manuals in a slide-show view.
- The gift registries or gift registry search widget feature of Magento 2 is used for creating, scratching, or sharing virtual gifts. So, users can create a gift registry and gift them to their friends at events and make their days more memorable.
- Google Tag Manager: Here is the best and most useful feature available with Magento 2 e-commerce edition. Google tag manager or google analytics features will help retailers manage internal tags and deeply monitor customer actions, modify content up to the user needs, and track user engagement.
- Magento 2 eCommerce is also best for managing and tracking in-app video content
- Module for Sales and Event: This is the sales-centric feature of Magento 2. Businesses using Magento e-commerce software can benefit in many ways. By publishing special discounts and sales on special events to customers, online retailers can grab the opportunities of market demand. Businesses can also create curiosity in customers by displaying sale end timers. For instance, the sale ends at 00:01:00.
- Products featuring is the best functionality in Magento 2. This feature automatically features the most purchasing products listed on the home page with user ratings. Hence, customers can view the products as soon as they open and will make a purchase. Driven by this results-driven feature, Magento 2 commerce edition is gaining more popularity in recent years.
- Magento 2 offers multiple internal and external payment integrations such as PayPal, Amazon Pay, Braintree, etc.
These are all a few features and functionalities of the Magento commerce platform. Two-factor authentication, Order archiving (for improving app performance and maintaining a clean admin database), product return or refund policies, Quick order interfaces, B2B product ordering and selling features, Enhanced media visibility in grid view, and Customer profile management facilities are all making Magento the largest open-source e-commerce store in the world.
Are you looking to Hire Magento App Developers?
Why Retailers Are Showing Much Interest Towards Magento 2?
FuGenX – best Mobile app development company in Bangalore, would like to give you more detailed information about the benefits of Magento 2 like popular open-source eCommerce platforms. Here are a few using the latest Magento 2 for your online e-commerce business.
- Magento 2 ensures faster load times and reduces the app bounce rate
- The latest version of Magento commerce edition supports the latest versions of PHP7 languages
- The software is well capable to manage 10 million page views per hour
- This CMS system will allow merchants to display content in multiple languages.
- It offers a customizable admin panel and easy navigation controls for smooth content access
- Product categorization and customized filters are essential for e-commerce platforms and Magento 2 does this efficiently.
- Developers can create user interfaces and customize features as per requirements
- Magento 2 makes user search convenient and faster
- It supports several integrated payment gateways
Is It Mandatory To Migrate Your Online Store From Magento 1 To Magento 2?
Migrating your online store from Magento 1 to Magento 2 is a revolutionary decision to remain on top of this competitive world. One of the most significant reasons to move to Magento 2 from Magento 1 is that the old version will not support the latest advancements in technologies.
If you want to target more audience base, you need to do some modifications to your design, features, and themes. Magento 2 can transform your old and unprofitable eCommerce platform into a pretty attractive, user-centric, and purely unique application.
But, there are a few challenges in migrating the old version to Magento 2. They include:
- You must redesign your new platform using Magento 2 because you cannot migrate Magento 1 themes
- You might face difficulties in migrating images and media files
- You cannot integrate 100% extensions that you have in your Magento 1 platform because most third-party integrations do not work in the latest edition of Magento
- Content migration needs the support of human developers
- Likewise, issues related to installation, marketing, and platform indexing all sometimes become a burden to software developers.
How Much Does IT Cost To Create Magento 2 Platform?
We have three premium editions of Magento 2, including, the Magento 2 open source edition, Magento 2 Commerce on-premise edition, and Magento 2 Cloud edition. Each version will come up with different features and functionalities to support platform hosting, operations, and performance.
So, the cost of the Magento 2 version depends on the type of edition of Magento 2. For instance, the cost of the Magento 2 open source edition with limited featured will be available for free to download and use.
On the other hand, to get authorization to use the paid edition of Magento Commerce or Magento On-Premise would cost nearly $20,000. Further, Magento 2 Cloud edition is somewhat expensive for deployment. Since it includes content hosting, the development would range from $35,000 to $150,000.
On average, the development and maintenance costs of the Magento platform with a simple template will be around $25,000 to $55,000.
Get A Free eCommerce App Development Quote!
If you have an online retail store or eCommerce platform and still running it on Magento 1, immediately switch it to Magento 2 to gain from its advanced features and make your brand features in this contemporary digital space. The old version of Magento is no more to support you with modern features and functionalities as eBay and Amazon-like online portals are offering.
The features, performance, and intelligent technical capabilities of Magento 2 are all incredible. This open-source software will help companies boost the overall performance of their online store.
Investments in features-rich eCommerce platform will upsurge sales, improves conversions, increases brand reliability, and ensures personalized content to your audience.
FuGenX, the best Magento app development company, will design and develop bespoke and results-driven custom software apps for Mobile and Web operating systems.
Let’s discuss your app requirements and get a free app quote!
#Magento Development, #Magento 2 Migration, #Magento eCommerce developer, #Magento-based eCommerce application, #Mobile app development, #Web app development
Your article is very helpful to me, I will bookmark your website so that I can read it better in the future.