Apps or the Chatbots- which is the Best?
Technology is playing a very vital role in each and every walk of our lives these days. In such a scenario, one can see the introduction of lot many technological products. This introduction various tech products may lead the users in a confusion of what to use. Such a scenario, may also be seen with chatbots and apps. Chatbots, with its effect from 2017, is leading the tech arena with its amazing features. On the other hand, apps stand no way down. Both chatbots and apps are having their own features exhibiting uniqueness. Now, let us consider chatbots and apps- their advantages and disadvantage, and which one to choose between them
Chatbots, serves as a personal assistant, which will help in serving the user in using the various options of the device and/or website. For instance, when any user visit any particular website, then on some of the websites, the user can see some popups that comes with some question on the screen. These are nothing, but the chatbots. These chatbots are developed by the artificial intelligence which is running on the website. These are mainly intended to direct the user in exploring the website. Some of the websites which are using these chatbots are Adidas, Pizza Hut, LivPure, eBay, etc. Chatbots, works by using making a conversations between artificial intelligence and Natural language processing (NLP). This will help the user in getting answers to their questions without the need to visit the FAQ section on the website.
With the help of these chatbots, the users can get their question answered in no time. As soon as the user visits any particular website like various shopping websites, or any other browsing website, he or she may land up in some or the other questions like how to navigate to the desired product, all such questions can be answered using chatbots at any time. These chatbots are not concerned about which user is using it, but it just works using the artificial intelligence and answers all the questions of the user. There are various reasons, why chatbots is so important and profitable. Following are some of those reasons
- It is very much cost-effective, because it serves as a customer care operator. Any user visiting any particular website can explore the website easily with the help of the chatbots, also the surfing of the website can be done to the core, leaving no part of the website uncovered.
- Chatbots, involves a kind of marketing called conversational marketing, in which the business can be enhanced using better interaction with the customer. Also, the best part is that the user need not be a master in order to use this chatbots, any layman can use this very easily.
- Chatbots also helps in reducing the time required by the user to reach their desired item on the website, as soon as the user visit any particular website, then he or she can easily get navigated to the desired item, without wasting much time on others.
- The best part of this chatbots is that it is highly specific and direct. With the interaction using chatbots, the queries of the customer can be directly answered which serves for enhancing the satisfaction of the customer.
- Chatbots, serves as an personal assistance which makes the customer feel so comfortable in asking the queries and thereby helps the websites to stay strong in this competitive world.
Applications, Apps in short:
In the year 2010, the concept of Apps has come into picture. At the time of its launch, no one was sure of its survival for a long time. But, to the surprise of all, apps turned out to be successful and trendy even after a decade of its introduction. The main reason for its success is that apps are easy to download on a smartphone, which is making it a revolutionary launch of all time. As per the data, provided by Statista, in the year 2017 there were around 197 billion apps downloaded on various mobiles and it has also set a target of reaching 352.9 billion downloads by the year 2021. Though, the various mobile apps has got many benefits, it has also got some disadvantages. Following are some of the disadvantages of using apps
- One has to note that not all the apps are freely available on play stores. Some require in-app purchases, where as some require direct purchases, some apps are also made freely available yet.
- There is a chance that the usage of apps may lead to stagnancy and downward trend, because of some issues like UI acclimation, ads popping up while using the apps, signing up issues, etc.
- The main problem with smartphones these days is the storage. Any app needs some storage space on the device, which can be problematic to the support.
- When the user can to pay using the app, it is cannot be made direct.
It is obvious that when something new is introduced, it is expected to shade off the existing one. Same like that, when apps has come into picture, it was thought to shade off the usage of website, but in reality both websites and mobile apps were stood strong in the tech competition. In the similar manner, the introduction of chatbots was thought to shade off the usage of apps, but in reality chatbots have got its own mechanisms to get integrated into both websites and apps.