How Much Does It Cost To Develop A Manufacturing App?
Mobile Apps For Manufacturing: Types and Top Features, & Development Cost
Digital transformation in the manufacturing industry is rapidly emerging every day and of course, it is mandatory to accelerate automation in production and yield higher productivity. Production, warehouse shifting, logistics, and distribution have been already running on manufacturing software and optimizing their processes.
There are many mobile apps for manufacturing companies to bring automation and take traditional workflows to new heights.
In this article, we would like to discuss the significance of mobile apps in the manufacturing sector, what features and functionalities will make manufacturing apps more robust, and how much will it cost to develop a manufacturing app for Android/iOS.
What Does A Manufacturing Mobile App Do?
The purpose of mobile app development for the manufacturing industry might be different, but operational efficiency and business agility are two common visions of manufacturing software development. Here are the benefits that manufacturers can gain from mobile app development.
The Benefits Of Utilizing Mobile Apps In Manufacturing
- Automates production workflows
- Streamlines end-to-end manufacturing process
- Enhanced virtual communications and optimized productivity
- Real-time inventory management
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered equipment monitoring applications monitor equipment performance and send maintenance alerts to the respective authorities.
- AI-powered and ML-based mobile apps in manufacturing industry can find product defects and reduce device downtime.
- AI-enabled manufacturing apps make processes safety and quality compliance regulations.
- AI and IoT-based mobile apps virtually process device data and helps manufacturers take faster decisions towards improving its functionality.
- The adoption of customized apps in the manufacturing industry offers better inventory management.
- Streamlining logistics and supply-chain operations is one of the top use cases of AI mobile apps in manufacturing for better fleet management. Starting from production and warehouse shipment through logistics and distribution, AI-enabled fleet management apps ensure transparency at every step.
- AI-enabled CRM apps help organizations in better manage orders, customer inquiries, and auto invoice-preparing tasks.
- AI and GPS-enabled manufacturing tracking apps ensure asset tracking and optimized delivery visibility.
- Long-term ROI is one of the ultimate benefits of using custom mobile apps in the manufacturing sector
- Better communication is ensured between different teams.
Like these, the benefits of mobile apps in manufacturing are enormous. Manufacturing organizations can gain from mobile app development in terms of faster and more efficient processes.
Moreover, leveraging the potentiality of the Internet of Things (IoT) like next-generation cloud technology, mobile apps can be used for faster and deeper data analysis to derive insights into production and equipment maintenance.
What Features & Functionalities Will Make Manufacturing Apps Robust?
Now, let’s discuss the types of manufacturing apps and add what features make manufacturing applications more powerful. Here are a few best types and features of manufacturing apps:
Production Monitoring Mobile Apps
Manufacturing apps that are designed and developed for production monitoring functions are the biggest assets for manufacturers. Tracking production environments and remote monitoring using IoT-powered devices are assisting companies in virtually monitoring and controlling production operations.
These types of mobile apps in the manufacturing sector are also widely adopted to continuously monitor devices and track their performance. Since the integration of IoT in mobile manufacturing apps helps in storing device performance information, organizations can process and derive valuable insights to improve operational efficiency.
Must-have Key Features Of Production Tracking Software Apps:
- Hassle-free Registration and login
- Quick production scheduling
- Auto alerts on production status
- Centralize communications to discuss production plans online
- Online order view and management facility
- Production tracking dashboard
- Customer interaction boards for instant
Supply Chain Management Applications
Warehouse management, inventory tracking & management, logistics visibility, fleet tracking, distribution automation, and transportation tracking are all a few significant mobile apps in the manufacturing industry. Here are the key functionalities of supply-chain management apps:
- Better vendor management
- Optimized order management, including order acceptance, processing, and invoice preparation
- Strategic warehouse management
- Transpiration and logistics visibility and management
- Streamlined distribution processes
- Secure payment modules
Resource and Productivity Management App
Manufacturing apps are assisting organizations to improve resource management and better allocation. Here are the key features of resource management and productivity management software solutions.
- Automatic attendance monitoring and recording
- Auto spreadsheet management
- Productivity monitoring and resource allocation
- Product location tracking using IoT sensors and GPS navigators
- Order management and processing
- Invoice preparing and billing
- Analytical reports generation by assessing production and sensor data
Order Management Apps For Manufacturing
These apps are developed to manage orders from hundreds of clients from a single dashboard. Here are the top features of order management software solutions for the manufacturing industry.
- Simple order placement module for customer-panel
- Order processing and invoice generation
- Distribution and delivery management
These are three major tasks of order management mobile apps. Investments in order management mobile app development allow manufacturers to streamline their order-taking and delivery functions. Automation in order tacking processes will reduce the human workforce and increase employee productivity.
Inventory Management Software Solutions
The manufacturing inventory management application helps manufacturers maintain proper levels of stock and keeps their products on top of demand. Hence, the adoption of inventory management applications prevents overstocking and saves costs.
Benefits of inventory management app
- Monitoring inventory levels
- Automates scanning and enables paperless documentation
- Auto-checking the product quantities
- Through connecting sensors, manufacturers can identify the product’s location seamlessly
- Alerts and notifications on the shortage of stocks
How Much Does It Cost To Develop A Manufacturing App?
The estimated cost to build a manufacturing app might range from $25,000 to $100,000. But factors like app type (Native, hybrid & cross-platform), application development platform (Android, iPhone, Windows), and features & functionalities will impact the cost of a manufacturing app.
Further, the location and team size of the mobile app developers you hire will also impact the overall cost of mobile app development for the manufacturing industry. Moreover, the hourly rate of a mobile application development company will vary depending on the geographical location. Hence, the top app developer’s location is also a cost-impacting factor.
So, be it an inventory management application development, supply-chain management app, order management app, or production tracking software solution, the cost depends on all the above factors that we discussed. But, never compromise in adding advanced AI features and make your manufacturing application aligned with the current digital vibes.
FuGenX is a leading custom mobile app development company in Bangalore. Our team of app development experts has vast proven experience in the design and development of trendy mobile software solutions for manufacturers. We create the best digital solution that streamlines and automate your entire manufacturing activities.
Manufacturing is one of the most complex industries which needs the deployment of advanced digital and automation tools and applications for improving operational efficacy. Moreover, organizations must focus on the design and development of manufacturing apps that meet the rules and regulations of the regulatory bodies to protect businesses from hefty taxes.
Are you looking to hire an AI app development company?
Let us know your manufacturing app requirements and we create the best mobile app within your budget.