30-Sec Summary of Travel Apps
- Nowadays, Mobile apps are playing an important role in the success of the travel industry. Travel apps help users a lot for planning tour, ticket booking, bookings hotels, route mapping, cab booking, and many more.
- According to eMarketer’s research report, travel-related applications ranked as the 7th most downloaded category of mobile apps and 60% of travelers are using travel apps for planning their upcoming trips.
- According to the survey of Travelport Survey, the top three critical features find out in their travel applications are the ability to book vehicle (63%), viewing the entire trip itinerary in a single stop (64%), and real-time vehicle alerts throughout their travel (65%).
The technology is constantly evolving over the past few years and is revolutionized tourism and travel industry. Booking tickets with the help of travel agencies is almost outdated, as there are many user-friendly mobile apps available in the global market. It makes it easy for users to plan an exciting holiday trip and book tickets with the help of mobile apps.
As technology advanced, we can quickly book our trips by merely sitting at our homes and also plan the budget of vocation. Because of this transformation, many travel app development companies are building their applications to engage with more potential users.
Therefore, mobile or web applications not only enhance the travel experience for any customer but also benefit tourism-based organizations on a large scale. So, it is no wonder that the travel or tourism sector is day-by-day growing enormously with the help of technological transformation.
In this blog, we share some of the key points in developing your mobile application to enhance user engagement and profitability in the travel business.
Before discussing the features that make mobile travel application successful, click here to learn why a mobile app is important for the travel industry.
Now, let us have a look at
The Best Features of Travel App Development to Attract Users
GPS-based location tracking service is one of the most crucial features of travel mobile application development. Once a tourist arrives at their destination, they may check in to a hotel to fresh up and relax for some time. For this, tourist should have travel which has a geo-location feature.
It helps tourists track their GPS location and find the hotel nearby. They can roam about a new location, depending on the tour service or local guide.
Google offers the Google Maps SDK for iOS as well as Android to implement this fantastic feature. It aids you to include a road map to your travel phone application along with routing options and navigation.
Read More: Why Location Based Travel App is Important?
The most important thing that comes in every travel mind is the location where they are going to visit. Everyone looks for the place which is beautiful, pleasant, safe and affordable.
Because of this, you need to include the booking system into your mobile app. It helps customers to compare categorize places, set reminders, offers and access to notifications about hotel discounts and offers.
Make sure that your mobile or web application simplifies the booking process for customers. You can also add a smart filtering feature and a search engine.
You can also partner with hotels and airline companies to offer exclusive deals and discounts to travelers. Or you may offer referral and joining bonus to the users. The point is, try your best to get more customers on your side. But play fair. You can also provide a referral code and join bonus to customers.
Travel Itinerary Generator
A good itinerary generator only asks the person to specify the places they want to see and it will automatically generate a tourist plan from it.
You can seek assistance from apps like TripAdvisor and TripHobo. Each of these apps describes you about the hidden beauty in the place you are going to visit. They enable users to enter the place they would like to visits and shows a route map that will work according to their schedule.
It is not easy to curate the algorithm for all these functions. You can leave this feature and choose to add others. However, with this feature, you can make your app the most useful tool for travelers. Make sure that the itinerary generator is helpful to the entire travel community.
With so many tourists booking their flights fast, climate change will bring an unplanned journey. Mobile app development companies should integrate real-time weather forecasting to avoid the journey of such disasters. You can add this feature to alert the tourist of upcoming weather forecasts, as they create their itinerary.
For example, have a look at the travel applications like AccuWeather, which displays weather reports for all locations across the world. It allows customers to check cloud architecture models, humidity, wind speed, and many other essential factors before planning trips.
Reviews and Ratings
As we are living in a highly saturated digitalized market, we should not ignore the prominence of customers’ ratings and reviews. Nowadays, travelers are keen to read about the tourist destination they wanted to visit.
Hence, your app should have reviews about different places. So that users can see reviews and ratings when making a final decision to visit a place. Also, you should include a section that allows travelers to post their travel experiences after returning from tour.
It helps to create awareness about the place and as well improve the services of cafes, hotels and other businesses. Every travel app developer needs to incorporate these features and software into their products, rather than enabling people to download additional apps from iOS or Google play app store.
Recommended: The 15 Best Hotel Booking Apps For 2020
How are Mobile Applications Transforming the Travel Industry?
Here are the main reasons why travel apps are becoming so popular and why you need to have mobile apps for the travel sector.
- Due to the increasing usage of smart phones, many people across the world are using travel apps which offer a convenient solution to fulfill all their travel needs.
- Travel agencies have been attracting new customers by providing first-time app use discounts, promotional discounts, seasonal discounts and cost-effective packages.
- Mobile apps are improving the experience of travelers by offering various facilities including online ticketing, destination information, navigating food stores and local attractions, hotel booking, sharing reviews and images about the tourist place, etc.
- Travel agencies have been enhancing their presence in the competitive travel industry through mobile apps. This sector is following the SoLoMo trend to connect their customers with social, media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitters, etc. and local platforms have proven that they can optimize the ROI they expect.
- A mobile application is a fantastic way to connect with customers before, during and after their tour. A travel company will understand its customers in a better way analyzing their interests, expectations, needs, and budget and through their browsing history on the app.
- With latest mobile travel apps, travelers can go paper-free. Travel brochures, tickets, hotel booking papers soft copies, invoices, etc., also control the paperwork. It also helps customers and travel agencies to store all the data securely.
Final Thoughts on the Role of Mobile Apps in the Travel Industry
There is an absolute need for more and more mobile apps that facilitate the booking of the travel and tourism industry today. Earlier, travelers used to guidebooks, carry maps, and language translators, and compasses on their journey, but all those were replaced with Android and iOS mobile apps.
Today, the travel sector is undoubtedly a multi-billion dollar industry, many thanks to the ever-increasing travel mobile app development companies that provide better, faster, and more reliable services to customers.
Please fill in our ‘Get A Free Quote Now’ form with your details and requirements. We will contact you within 24 hours.